Personal Injury Law
Experienced Colorado Springs Personal Injury Lawyers
Personal injury is a term that refers to a broad category of accidents and events that lead to an injury or to the loss of human life. Negligence is one of the primary causes of personal injury accidents, but proving negligence is not as easy as you may think. In fact, many personal injury cases that don’t involve cars, trucks or motorcycles can succeed or fail based on proving that a third party was at fault. That is why you need our experienced Colorado Springs personal injury lawyers to help protect your rights.
Types of Personal Injury Claims That We Handle
No two types of personal injury claims are the same, because each claim has a unique set of circumstances, personalities and behaviors. However, there are some common types of claims that we handle, including:
- Car Accidents — More than 34,000 people died in car accidents in the U.S. in 2016 and hundreds of thousands more were injured. What’s troubling is that both the number of car accident deaths and the number of car accident injuries have been rising over the past few years. Our Colorado Spring personal injury attorney’s job is to help you prove the other driver or drivers were at fault, and assist you in obtaining rightful compensation for your medical bills, loss of income, and pain and suffering.
- Motorcycle Accidents — Motorcyclists are far more vulnerable, because they do not have an enclosed space to provide protection when they are hit by a car or truck. As a result, motorcyclists often suffer devastating, life-threatening injuries when they are involved in accidents, which means they have a much longer road to recovery.
- Truck Accidents — Commercial truck drivers who don’t comply with required rest rules can fall prey to fatigue, which leads to accidents that cause serious injuries. Other major causes of truck accidents include distracted driving, cargo overload, speeding, and unsafe lane changes.
- Pedestrian Accidents – Most pedestrians are hit by vehicles that are making left and right-handed turns, or vehicles that do not stop at an intersection when pedestrians have right of way. Many pedestrian accidents occur at night when visibility is diminished.
- Premises Liability – This refers to the duty and responsibility that the owner of a property has to ensure that visitors are kept safe from injuries. In many states, you must prove that the owner of the property where you were injured or harmed did not take the care expected of a reasonable person to ensure that the premises were safe, and that no conditions existed that would cause you injury. Situations that could lead to a premises liability claim include slip and fall accidents, dog bites, and inadequate building security.
- Wrongful Death — You can file a wrongful death claim if you believe that someone intentionally caused the death of a person you love through negligence, carelessness or wanton disregard for your loved one’s safety. For example, a doctor who leaves a surgical instrument in a patient that caused that patient’s death could be the subject of a wrongful death claim. And because this is a civil suit, a jury must only be convinced that the defendant is guilty by a ‘preponderance of the evidence,’ instead of ‘beyond a reasonable doubt,’ which is the standard in a criminal trial. That means that a jury must believe that the evidence shows that it is more likely than not that the defendant is guilty.
Colorado Legal Nurse Consulting and Record Retrieval
Registered Nurse Sheri Chaja, president and owner of Colorado Legal Nurse Consulting and Record Retrieval, a nurse consultation firm, works closely with our attorneys and staff in preparing each case. She also assists and works closely with each and every personal injury client of our firm. CLNCRR gathers medical and billing records and completes medical and billing record reviews, as well as many other vital tasks for our firm.
Hire our Colorado Springs Personal Injury Lawyers
Personal injury covers a wide range of events that can change a person’s life. Colorado Springs Personal Injury Lawyers at Kinnaird Law, want our clients to focus on regaining their physical and mental health while we handle the work of seeking justice for their pain and suffering. Please call us today to schedule a free consultation.